- Beer Wine & Liquor
- Body wears
- Fats & Oil
- Flour & Cereals
- Hot Picks
- Local shops
- Audio & Sound System
- Laptops & Computers
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Home & Office Appliances
- Kids Products
- Shipped From Abroad
- Phones & Tablets
- Bakery & Fast Foods
- Tissues Rolls Diapers & Wipes
- Full Time
We are looking to bring on board an ambitious and commercially aware candidate to join our team as a Territory Manager – Alcoholic Beverages. The role holder will execute the Sales strategic plan and develop profitable new business in the assigned territory to achieve the sales volume, net revenue, market execution and customer service objectives. He/she will be tasked with coaching field-based Market Developers to ensure excellencee in the in-market execution.
- Sales Performance: Responsible for the revenue targets in the territory while driving profit maximization. Oversee territory performance management and ensure the attainment of the team’s KPIs. Account for the territory’s performance decline and devise ways to improve the same. Champion initiatives to develop strong relationships with customers in the market to guarantee retention and return business
- Revenue Generation: Work collaboratively with the commercial and purchasing teams to spearhead revenue generation in the market including advisory on product pricing to generate business margins. Liaise with the sales team to drive product penetration and uptake in the market including the formulation of effective sales and marketing strategies.
- Strategy Execution: Communicate the business strategy in the market and ensure execution against the set KPIs as per the strategy. Drive the team’s understanding and buy-in to the strategy. Support the development of the pricing strategy and product pricing based on market understanding, competitor analysis and customer feedback.
- Operations Optimization: Lead the coordination of business activities with the head office and collaborate with Functional Managers to guarantee operational efficiency. Proactively support the development and review of SOPs for the category based on the gaps identified to maximize operations effectiveness.
- Inventory Management: Work closely with the Warehouse teams to facilitate proper inventory management, stock control and loss prevention.
- Compliance: Drive compliance to the laid down SOPs at the market level whilst ensuring proper team training and appreciation. Ensure legislative and regulatory compliance of the category and undertake frequent operations audits to evaluate the level of compliance, operational gaps and hindrances for immediate action.
- Market Intelligence & Business Advisory: Oversee frequent market surveys and analysis to identify opportunities the business can capitalize on, understand competitor activities and appreciate customer dynamics. Escalate customer feedback to the management to ensure course correction where necessary.
- People Management: Lead training, supervision and appraising of the field-based Market Developers. Work closely with the HR team to execute key HR functions in the unit including policy implementation, performance management, disciplinary, evaluations and training.
Minimum Requirements & Key Skills:
- A Bachelor’s in degree in business Marketing, Business Management or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience especially in managing field sales (experience in either beverage/ food/ FMCG is an advantage).
- Experience in handling alcoholic beverages sales is greatly preferred;
- Proven success managing field sales teams and significant experience in the general trade market or handling key accounts;
P&L management background is a plus;
- Experience setting up and growing markets as well as driving numbers is preferred;
- Experience handling end to end operations cutting across warehousing, logistics, sales and business performance management is preferred;
- Appreciation of the business environment, key priorities and a keen sense of what needs to be done for the business to succeed;
- Proven ability to manage cross functional teams with indirect reporting lines to drive the execution and achievement of the business objectives and strategy.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong Commercial Acumen;
- Business Acumen;
- Operational Excellence;
- Team Player;
- People Management;
- Stakeholder Engagement.
To apply for this job please visit kyosk.hire.trakstar.com.